Lisa S. Lippiello
Lisa S. Lippiello has over 35 years of experience in the criminal law field and has been a criminal defense attorney since 2006. Her criminal law practice includes representing clients charged with serious misdemeanors and felonies. As a retired Lieutenant with the New York City Police Department (NYPD), the insight and knowledge she gained through her experience are priceless to her practice of law today. Her law practice also focuses on personal injury and civil litigation and disputes. She is admitted to practice law in all District and Superior courts in Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
In 2006, Lisa was a staff attorney with the Public Defender’s Office of Massachusetts (Committee for Public Counsel Services). She handled hundreds of cases as a Northampton attorney and successfully defended people arrested for a variety of offenses, including, but not limited to, drug offenses, violent crimes, sex crimes, burglaries, larcenies, property damage, OUI/DUI, violation of restraining orders and probation violations.
Lisa also has extensive experience handling sexual harassment claims and employment discrimination cases. As a Lieutenant with the New York City Police Department and a Supervisor of Investigations with the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, she has investigated hundreds of internal complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
Her practice extends to personal injury, civil rights and LGBTQ related matters. Her practice is growing within the transgender community with many clients seeking Lisa’s steadfast commitment to equality and fairness within the LGBTQ community.
Lisa was featured in MassLive in an article about her distinct background and approach to law.
Lisa S. Lippiello received her B.A. from Hunter College in 1998 and her Masters of Public Administration from Marist College in 2002. In 2006, she earned a Juris Doctor from Western New England University School of Law as a four time scholarship recipient.
Lisa Lippiello was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 2006 and practices in all District and Superior Courts in Massachusetts. In 2011, she was admitted to the United States District Court, District of Massachusetts. In 2018, Lisa was admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Lisa lectures in various criminal law topics at Western New England University School of Law, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, and the Committee for Public Counsel Services. She also often serves as a judge for the Moot Courtroom at Western New England University School of Law. Formerly, Lisa was an instructor of Criminal Justice and Substance Abuse at the University of Massachusetts.
- Member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and Member of the Civility and Professionalism Committee
- President-Elect of the Hampshire County Bar Association
- Member of the Hampden County Bar Association
- Member of the Hampden County Lawyers for Justice
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, Chair of the Western Massachusetts Committee
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- Hearing Committee Member of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- Member of the Northampton Treatment Court Team
- Supervising Attorney of the Western New England University School of Law Externship Program